Monday, January 21, 2013

Countdown to Rolly


Can you hear it?  That clock ticking... tick.... tock.... tick.... I'm really ready to meet the newest addition to the pack.  Oh yeah, and be able to walk... and bend.... and maybe sleep in a bed again instead of the chair I've been sleeping in for the last 2 months.  Not that I expect I'll be getting much sleep.  I'm not insane, I have  had a baby before.

The big kids are at BM's.  Minnow is all packed to go to Granny and Papa's.  All of our crap is loaded into the car and I'm ticking of the minutes in my mind.

Not that I'm really looking forward to labor.  I'm not.  I'd all but forgotten the pain until about, oh... "You're 2 cm dilated" came out of the Ob's mouth.  Oh wait... that's right.  Last time I did this I wanted to die.  Why am I doing it again?  Temporary insanity?


Look familiar?  If you've ever given birth it does.  So this is my least favorite part.  So excited to meet our little Rolly, but terrified of doing labor again.  He'll be our last kiddo.  Really, because 5 even half time is plenty.  :)  At least for us it is.  2 full time, 5 half time.  It's a busy life.  Hopefully it's true what they say about second babies being largely easier to birth, and since he's allegedly smaller than Minnow was, that may help too.  Stay tuned....I'm getting induced at 8 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm from northern Minnesota and have been teaching my boys at home all their lives. We've tried many ways and pick out our favorite ideas from what we see. Minnow is 6 and Po is 3.